Estouffade of guinea fowl à la Provençal by Marc Alès
Discover this delicious Estouffade of guinea fowl à la Provençal by Marc Alès recipe for 4 people.
Estouffade of guinea fowl à la Provençal by Marc Alès, Cutout, moyen
- Quantity : 4 people
- Level of difficulty : moyen
- Cooking time :
- Piece : Cutout
1.5kg guinea fowl thighs/100g Carrots/100g Round shallots/100g Garlic/Thyme/400g Tomatoes/500ml White wine/Bouquet garni/Orange zest/Flat-leaf parsley/15ml Olive oil/400ml Chicken stock/120g Green olives/Fine sea salt/Freshly-ground black pepper
- De-bone the thighs and cut into 3cm pieces.
- Peel the onions, mirepoix the carrots and crush the garlic
- Leave to marinade in the white wine with the aromatic herbs and orange zest for 24 hours.
- Drain and separate the meat from the garnish.
- Heat olive oil in a casserole.
- Fry the meat until lightly browned.
- Add the aromatic garnish and sweat gently.
- Bring the white wine to the boil and skim, then pour over the meat.
- Add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes and bouquet garni.
- Bring to the boil, skim and season the estouffade.
- Cover and cook in the oven at 140°C for 45 minutes.
- Check if it’s ready, then remove the meat and vegetables.
- Reduce the liquid to the consistency of a sauce. If necessary, stir in a little starch mixed with water.
- Return the meat and vegetables to the sauce with the chopped olives.